How to transfer existing domain with another hosting in cpanel for godaddy hosting?
Suppose you have old Hosting H1 and domain D1. You have purchased new hosting H2 with cpanel. Now you want domain D1 to new hosting as a multiple hosted domain in H2. To do this follow following steps:
- Copy all files and databases related to domain D1 from Hosting H1 o new Hosting H2.
- Go to Domain Manager and select domain D1.
- Now click on DNS Zone File and under Points to change ipaddress of hosting H2.
- Go to Hosting H1 and click on Manage.
- Click on Domain Change (Primary).
- Check the domain name and click on Change Primary. Provide any false domain such as test.domainD1.com. If domain D1 is not primary domain just click on Delete. It takes time to reflect the changes. Wait for some time.
- Now go to Hosting H2 and click Manage.
- Click on Addons Domain.
- Under Create an Addon Domain add Domain D1 and provide proper Document Root.
- Now its done and you have successfully migrated the website to new hosting.
Hope it helped you. Please comment for thanks and further help.
About the Author
Write a Comment
Gravatars are small images that can show your personality. You can get your gravatar for free today!